The committees do the active work of the Collaborative.
Listed below are the committees, their purpose/projects, members and any meeting times/agendas/minutes
Purpose: The Steering Committee is the group that sets the direction for the Collaborative and coordinates the very active committees. Anyone is welcome to attend the (almost) monthly meetings, which are listed on our calendar, though only the members can vote. In the future the Steering Committee will be made up of 5 regional representatives (NW, SW, NC, SC, E); 4 stakeholder/program area reps and 3 at-large reps. This will insure some diversity of representation. Officers should be elected by the board. Terms will be staggered two-year terms. A slate will be developed by a nominating committee. (Should the original founding orgs have a rep – CAHS; UWGNH?) The Steering Committee will meet monthly in 2015 and quarterly beginning in 2016.
- Program: Peer learning programs; Evaluation and measurement
- Policy: Develop legislative and administrative agenda, monitor progress; Organize education and lobbying as necessary
- Communications: CABC Website; Email blast; Media
Ad hoc Committees
- Event specific – eg a conference or regional program
- Issue specific: e.g.Baby Scholars
- Committees should meet in advance of Steering Committee meetings.
- Prepare a workplan and share it with the Steering Committee for final comments and to be incorporated into the Collaborative’s overall plan.
- Report on Committee activities to the full membership at meetings and with updates on the Collaborative webpage, email etc.
- Coordinate outreach and recruitment of committee members
Sponsor Agency Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain membership and committee rosters
- Collect membership fees
- Maintain Collaborative internet vehicles (website, listserv, etc.)
- Prepare hard copies of documents for meetings
- Be responsible for ensuring minutes are taken and subsequently distributed.
- Conduct financial business of the Collaborative
- File grant reports, as needed
- Be the point of contact for local, state and national offices; referring matters to the Chair as appropriate.
- Maintain “official” files of the Collaborative.