Presentation and notes from the December 7 Peer Learning Session: State of Financial Coaching in CT
- Who's active in providing financial coaching?
- What types of clients are you working with currently?
- What training and resources are you using?
- What outcomes are you tracking?
- What barriers do you face in your program?
- How can we learn from each other to improve our programs?
Video from the June 9 Peer Learning Session above
Brett Theodos, from the Urban institute, talks about a pioneering randomized trial on financial coaching and its effectiveness. This webinar was part of the Connecticut Asset Building Collaborative peer learning series.
Report on Cities for Financial Empowerment Fund (CFEF)’s conference on ‘The Professionalizing Field of Financial Counseling and Financial Coaching’
The City of New Haven is considering creating a Financial Empowerment Center with a professional financial coach or counselor at the Opportunity Center, 316 Dixwell Avenue. Annie Harper of Yale University, Cynthia Brown-McLaurin of the City of New Haven and Jim Horan of the CT Association for Human Services attended the conference at Bloomberg, LP in New York. Notes from the May 5, 2016 meeting are here.